The holidays are already upon us as Halloween has most likely taken over all your local stores a month or two ago 😉 Halloween invites slightly (very slightly) cooler weather here in Southern California, lots of adorable and scary visitors, as well as deliciously, nauseating Halloween candy. With the increased amount of traffic in your home it is an excellent time to review your California home insurance or renters insurance policy. You can never be too safe when making sure you have the adequate amount of liability coverage for your residence. Here are some simple tips you can follow to keep your home safe this holiday season:
- Keep a clear and well-lit pathway, especially for the young trick-or treaters who tend to be wearing costumes that are already easy to trip over, and masks that limit their visibility.
- Confine your pets. The constant ringing of the doorbell, knocking of the door, and excited voices, can sometimes cause too much chaos for pets (and yes, we offer pet insurance as well).
- Use fake, look alike candles, instead of the real deal. This cannot only help to avoid an unwanted fire, but the candle wax can be very dangerous and tempting for little ones.
- Test Your Home and smoke alarms.
- Assure Home Security. Not only will Home Security keep your home and family safer, you can also receive a discount on your CA Home Insurance policy by having a security system in place.
- Check Your Home Insurance policy today! Make sure to contact your California Insurance agent and discuss the coverage your home and family will need during the holidays. Don’t wait till after a claim takes place.
In addition to following these tips for your home I know that many of us will be strutting along with our little ones in their costumes. With the innumerable amount of other children in similar costumes, it can be easy to lose track of your children. Discuss a safety plan with your children ahead of time.
- Teach your children your phone number and address: If they are unable to memorize your address and phone number write it down on a piece of paper and tell them where it is.
- Meeting Spot: Designate a meeting spot easy for your children to locate.
- Bring flashlights.
- Wear Bright clothing: Choose either a bright costume, or have your child wear something on them that is reflective. Adults should wear bright clothing as well.
- Stranger Danger: Teach your children what to do and say in an event a stranger approaches them.
Professional Choice Insurance is your local Irvine, Insurance Company and we would like to wish you a very spooktactular Halloween. We know it is never too early to be prepared. Call us today for your free insurance quote, so your Halloween will not be haunted 😉